Mary Baker Eddy
Throughout her youth and early adulthood, Mary Baker Eddy
faced poor health and financial and emotional hardship. She overcame these
challenges to become one of the most prominent individuals of her day. Toward
the end of her career, Human Life magazine described her as “the most
famous interesting and powerful woman in America, if not in the world,
Mary Baker Eddy at a glance
- Discoverer and Founder of Christian Science.
- Healer and pioneer of a reliable widely
practiced system of prayer-based healing.
- Author of a groundbreaking book on
spirituality and healing, Science and Health with Key to the
Scriptures, which has sold over 10 millions copies.
- Founder of a publishing house whose products
include books, weekly and monthly magazines, foreign language magazine
(published in 13 languages), and a daily, self-study Bible guide.
- Founder and publisher of a Pulitzer
Prize-winning newspaper, The Christian Science Monitor.
- Leader of a worldwide church, The First
Church of Christ, Scientist, and its branches in 82 countries.